Here are your firefighting and rescue headlines for Western Pennsylvania, for Thursday, August 27th.
- There was a two alarm house fire in Kennedy Twp this morning on Sunset Drive. [WPXI]
- The Allegheny County Fire Marshal is investigating a huge barn fire at the Montour Heights Country Club this morning in Moon Twp. At this point, the fire does not appear to be suspicious. [KDKA]
- Pittsburgh International Airport held a mock disaster drill yesterday. Per the FAA, a mock disaster drill must be completed at least once every three years. [Tribune-Review]
- Ten vehicles were damaged by fire at Taylor Auto Repair & Sales in the Overbrook section of Pittsburgh yesterday. [Tribune-Review]
- Also Tuesday into Wednesday, crews in Lincoln were called to assist with rescuing a male out of the woods in Dead Man’s Hollow. A firefighter suffered a leg injury due to a chainsaw during the rescue. The firefighter is home resting after receiving treatment at a local hospital. [WTAE]