Fire Kills 2 Animals, Sends 2 to Hospital

082214-south-fork-apartment-fireBy WTAJ

SOUTH FORK, CAMBRIA COUNTY – A fire that broke out in the area sent two people to the hospital and left 2 animals dead.

The fire started around 9:30 Thursday Night in the basement apartment on 262 Main Street in South Fork, Cambria County.

Heavy smoke and heat kept fire fighters outside of the building for some time.

One fire fighter was taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

A resident living in the apartment was also taken for smoke inhalation.


The firefighter and resident are said to be okay.

The resident living in the apartment lost a dog and a cat in the fire.
Officials are ruling the fire accidental.Crews were able to save the building.

Read more:

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.