By WTAJ News
Four people were sent to the hospital after a two-car crash in Bedford County.
Police say it happened around 9:30 Tuesday night when two cars collided on Allegheny Road in Harrison Township. Four crews were called to the scene. Two people were flown to the Altoona Trauma Center while the other two were taken by ambulance.
No word yet on the condition of those involved or the cause of the crash.
Read More: http://www.wearecentralpa.com/story/d/story/crash-in-bedford-county-sends-four-to-hospital/26084/ThAraFLGukqLIzWLwHZetA
By Valley News Dispatch – Photo by Jason Bridge
Firefighters quickly knocked down a basement fire in Harrison on Wednesday morning.
The basement fire in the 100 block of Walnut Street was reported before dawn and was out by 7:15 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
By Brenda Waters – KDKA
HARRISON TOWNSHIP (KDKA)- A house exploded early Wednesday morning in Harrison Township, which left one woman injured.
Firefighters were called to the home on Pleasant Road around 1:30 a.m.
Hilltop Hose Company Fire Chief Tom Wesoloski says a woman inside the home jumped out of a window. She was badly burned on 24 percent of her body.
Propane tanks were used to heat the mobile home and the fire chief says the tanks were on fire and exploded.
“One of the supply lines from the propane tank ruptured and it was a constant fire until it burned off,” Chief Wesoloski said.
Also, there were two shotguns inside the home. They began firing off ammunition during the fire.
The woman who was burned was transported to UPMC Mercy Hospital.
The house is a total loss.
photo by Western PA Fire Photography
Western PA Photography posted some pictures of the January 8th, 2011 Tarentum house fire and the 01/12/2011 Harrison Twp fires. Check out their facebook page here.
I can’t believe its July 1st already. Time is flying by again.
Here is a look at your Western PA Firefighting Headlines for July 1st, 2009.
- In a proactive response to the arson problems in the Sheraden section of Pittsburgh, the city has started demolition on abandoned vacant structures. Police suspect more than one person is behind the rash of arsons that have hit that section of the city. [WTAE]
- A teen was killed and 3 others injured when his vehicle collided with a U-Haul truck in Harrison Twp shortly before 11pm last night. [WTAE]
Harrison Twp - photo by WTAE
- Firefighters found a wild discovery after extinguishing a fire in the Troy Hill of Pittsburgh yesterday. The home contained a World War II aerial explosive device inside. The explosives were not active and posed no threat to anyone close to the scene. [WTAE]
- Arnold, New Kensington, and Lower Burrell firefighters battled a stubborn commercial structure fire at Dave’s Bar and Grill in Arnold yesterday. [Valley News]
Arnold Bar Fire - photo by Jason Bridge/Valley News Dispatch
- Connellsville Township has banned burning for two months effective today. [Daily Courier]
- And finally, northwestern Pennsylvania got hammered by rains yesterday, including Erie. [WICU12]